Creamy Vegetable and Rice Turnover
1 pkgrefrigerated pie crusts (use both sleeves in pkg. or make your own)
1/2 cuncooked brown rice (= 1 boil-in-bag)
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cdiced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cdiced onion
1/2 cfresh or frozen broccoli florets, diced
1/4 cfinely diced fresh carrots
1/4 cdiced green pepper
1/4 cfrozen corn
8 ozneufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese)
1/2 cshredded colby jack or cheddar cheese (low fat kinds work good)
1 Tbspdiced pimentos
·salt and pepper to taste
·egg wash (egg substitute and a little water works great)
How to Make Creamy Vegetable and Rice Turnover
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick or line with parchment paper.
- Cook rice per package directions; cool.
- Bring pastry to room temp.
- Chop all vegetables. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, broccoli, carrots, green pepper and corn to heated skillet; stir fry vegetables for 5-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, pimentos, and shredded cheese. Stir in cooked rice and cooked vegetables. Blend well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional Info: per serving (one pie)
Total Fat: 25.4g / Sat Fat: 11.7g
Total Carbs: 29.8g / Dietary Fiber: 0.8g / Sugars: 1.7g