Creamy Shrimp Bake
2 lbuncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
4 ozphiladelphia cream cheese, softened
1 can(s)(14.75 oz.) cream-style corn
1/2 tspground red pepper (cayenne)
1 pkg(6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1 1/4 ckraft shredded colby & monterey jack cheeses
1 jar(s)(7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, coarsely chopped
1 pkgfrozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 of 17.3-oz. pkg.), thawed
How to Make Creamy Shrimp Bake
- HEAT oven to 400ºF
- TOSS shrimp with cornstarch until evenly coated. Mix cream cheese, corn and ground red pepper in large bowl until well blended. Add spinach, shredded cheese and roasted peppers; mix well. Stir in shrimp; spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- UNFOLD pastry sheet on lightly floured surface; roll out to 14-1/2x10-1/2-inch rectangle. Place over ingredients in baking dish. Fold under and flute edge, trimming corners of pastry if necessary. Brush with egg.
- BAKE 40 min. or until crust is golden brown and center of casserole is heated through.
- SUBSTITUTEIf you have a large fresh red bell pepper on hand, you can use that instead of the jarred roasted red peppers. To roast, pierce pepper with long fork; hold pepper over gas flame 1 to 2 min. or until pepper is blackened on all sides, turning frequently. Remove pepper from fork; place in resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; let stand 15 min. When cool enough to handle, remove pepper from bag. Remove and discard blackened skin and seeds. Chop pepper, then use as directed.
- Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite Dressing.