Creamy Shrimp Bake
- 2 lb
- uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 oz
- philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 can(s)
- (14.75 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1/2 tsp
- ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 pkg
- (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 c
- kraft shredded colby & monterey jack cheeses
- 1 jar(s)
- (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg
- frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 of 17.3-oz. pkg.), thawed
- egg, beaten
How to Make Creamy Shrimp Bake
- 1HEAT oven to 400ºF
- 2TOSS shrimp with cornstarch until evenly coated. Mix cream cheese, corn and ground red pepper in large bowl until well blended. Add spinach, shredded cheese and roasted peppers; mix well. Stir in shrimp; spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3UNFOLD pastry sheet on lightly floured surface; roll out to 14-1/2x10-1/2-inch rectangle. Place over ingredients in baking dish. Fold under and flute edge, trimming corners of pastry if necessary. Brush with egg.
- 4BAKE 40 min. or until crust is golden brown and center of casserole is heated through.
- 5SUBSTITUTEIf you have a large fresh red bell pepper on hand, you can use that instead of the jarred roasted red peppers. To roast, pierce pepper with long fork; hold pepper over gas flame 1 to 2 min. or until pepper is blackened on all sides, turning frequently. Remove pepper from fork; place in resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; let stand 15 min. When cool enough to handle, remove pepper from bag. Remove and discard blackened skin and seeds. Chop pepper, then use as directed.
- 6Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite Dressing.