Creamy Baby Green Limas
How to Make Creamy Baby Green Limas
- Cut sausage into half circles. In a large stock pot, brown smoke sausage. Chop onion while sausage is cooking.
- Add onion to pot, sprinkle with salt and cook until onions are wilted.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat. Allow beans to cook for about 90 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- As beans begin to soften, stir beans and with the back of the spoon mash beans against the side of the pot. Do this frequently, creating the creaminess you want in this dish.
- After mashing beans several times and about two hours has passed, this time will depend on the beans, your beans should be soft and creamy. Serve over white rice and with a wedge of cornbread.