CREAMED VEGGIES W/TOAST
Nancy J. Patrykus
"CREAMED PEA WIGGLE" for dinner tonight.
Then post some pictures.
After I had the cream gravy almost done...
I had no peas in the freezer!
Oh! MY!.. What to do????
I found a can of mixed veggies in my cabinet.
Well,they would HAVE to do!
So I drained the can, then rinsed them in cold water.
Next,I went to get my soda crackers ..YEP!
You probably guessed it,
Lucky for me I had a couple slices of bread to toast..
Now my PEA WIGGLE turned into....
another new recipe "CREAMED VEGGIES on TOAST CUBES"!
LOL!!.... Nancy 5/19/13
- 2 can(s)
- mixed veggies,.... drained & rinsed
- 2 slice
- toast, ......or crackers, biscuits & mashed potatoes, can be used.
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil .. or 1/2 butter
- salt & pepper..... to taste
How to Make CREAMED VEGGIES W/TOAST
- 2To make cream gravy, heat the oil in a skillet, add the flour, stir, add the milk slowly while mixing all the time.
To keep the gravy smooth, you might have to add a little milk.
Cook on medium heat, for gravy to be cooked well.
add veggies to the cream gravy....
Heat and stir all.
Salt and pepper...to taste.
- 3Toast bread, cut toast into small cubes.
Put toast cubes on your plate,
then ladle the creamed veggies on top.
****Please check out picture of this dish
in the directions.
For some reason when it is transferred to
the main picture, it posts blurry.!! sorry.
***MORAL is....check to make sure you have all ingredients that you need, when cooking!
***NOTE: Sometimes you just gotta make do!... LOL!