Cornish game hens basted with a compound butter
Everything comes out so pefect! We are talking crispy skin, tender and juicy on the inside.
Basically a compound butter is butter with something else added in it. Fresh herbs are the bomb bc you cannot over do them.
Here's my spin on this.
I think if you don't have one of these you could easily just bake in the oven and baste with your butter and results would also be delish.
- 2 small
- cornish game hens, or other small fowl
- 3/4 stick
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic from jar
- 1 tsp
- fresh parsley (using dried use less)
- 10 medium
- freh sage leaves, fine chopped (using dried use less)
- 1/2 tsp
- eash salt and peppet
How to Make Cornish game hens basted with a compound butter
- 1Attach birds to the spit.
- 2Melt butter, I use the defrost cycle of the microwave.
- 3Stir in your herbs, you can experiment and use any combo of things you like, I especially like garlic, sage, and parsley.