Chole (chickpeas) recipe
3 mediumpureed onions
5 mediumpureed tomato
1 tspginger garlic paste
2 tspchole masala powder
1/2 tspred chili powder
1/3 tspcumin powder
1 tspcoriander powder
2 tspcooking oil
How to Make Chole (chickpeas) recipe
- Soak the chickpeas overnight with enough water.
- Next morning drain and
wash them. Pressure cooked then adding little salt. Cook them for 8 - 10 whistles.
- Remove and let the steam pass naturally. Then open the lid and drain then. Keep the water reserved to use in gravy.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the onion till light brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off.
- Add the pureed tomato and cook for 7 - 8 minutes. Then add the spices, salt and boiled chickpeas.
- Cook them for 10 minutes till the gravy thicken. Remove and serve hot.