Cheesy Onion Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- white onion
- 2 c
- shredded swiss cheese divided or 1/2 with shredded co-jack
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 2/3 c
- milk or half and half. i used whipping cream and it's richer but better
- 1 tsp
- soy sauce
- 8 slice
- french bread buttered on both sides
How to Make Cheesy Onion Casserole
- 1In a skillet, saute the onions till they are translucent and just browning.
- 2Layer them in the bottom of a 2 qt. casserole. Top with 1/2 of the cheese or cheeses you have mixed.
- 3In a saucepan, heat soup, milk and soy sauce. Stir to blend. Pour over onion mixture and top with the bread.
- 4Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Push the bread down into the soup a bit, cover with the rest of the cheese and bake another 15. I topped mine with some seasoning salt and basil. This is a great dish to serve with a roast or on those meatless meal nights.