★★★★★ 1 vote5
1medium onion, chopped
1celery stalk, chopped
3/4 lblean ground beef
1 mediumcabbage, shredded
2apples, sliced thin
How to Make Cabbage Casserole
- In skillet, saute onion and celery in margarine for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and salt and stir another 2 minutes.
- Spread half the cabbage in 2 quart baking dish and cover with half the apples and all the meat mixture.
- Add remaining cabbage and apple slices.
- Cover and bake 1 hour. Nice with mashed potatoes or noodles. It does not specify what to cover the dish with. I would say aluminum foil would work.