Sweet Potato Risotto
- 4 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 medium
- sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/2 c
- sliced baby carrots
- 3/4 tsp
- dried thyme
- 3 c
- gluten free, fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 c
- brown rice
- 1/4 c
- organic honey
- parmesan cheese (for garnish)
How to Make Sweet Potato Risotto
- 1In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat 1 minute or until hot. Add the sweet potatoes, carrots & thyme; cook 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat broth over medium heat; reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- 3Add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to skillet. Stir in rice & 1/2 cup of the broth. Cook, stirring until broth is absorbed. Continue stirring broth in 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is absorbed. Continue to cook and stir until rice is just creamy
- 4Add sweet potato mixture & honey to skillet; stir. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- 5Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve!