Sweet Potato Risotto
4 tspolive oil, extra virgin
2 mediumsweet potatoes, peeled & diced
1/2 csliced baby carrots
3/4 tspdried thyme
3 cgluten free, fat free, low sodium chicken broth
1 cbrown rice
1/4 corganic honey
·parmesan cheese (for garnish)
How to Make Sweet Potato Risotto
- In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat 1 minute or until hot. Add the sweet potatoes, carrots & thyme; cook 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat broth over medium heat; reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to skillet. Stir in rice & 1/2 cup of the broth. Cook, stirring until broth is absorbed. Continue stirring broth in 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is absorbed. Continue to cook and stir until rice is just creamy
- Add sweet potato mixture & honey to skillet; stir. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve!