★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cbase mayo
1 tsphorseradish mustard
1 tsplemon juice
1/4 tspworcestershire sauce
1/4 tsplake mohawk cajun seasoning or your own brand
1/2roasted jalapeno seeds removed
1/2roasted yellow bell pepper seeds removed
1 Tbsplake mohawk cajun seasoning or your own brand
1 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Blackened Scallops
- In a food processor combine the mayo,mustard,lemon juice,worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp. Cajun seasoning,jalapeno and yellow bell pepper and puree until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Pat dry the scallops and set aside. In a small bowl add the 2 TBS Cajun seasoning. In a medium skillet add the 2 TBS olive oil and place on a medium heat. Allow temperature to come up (about 2 minutes).
- Roll each scallop in the seasoning and place in the skillet and fry for 1 minute and turn over and repeat. Remove scallops to a plate with a paper towel.
- Place 5 scallops on each serving plate and drizzle with the remoulade.
- * you can roast the jalapeno and yellow pepper stovetop simply by placing on a direct flame and using a tongs turn 1/4 turn every 1-2 minutes or until blackened. Place peppers in a bowl and cover for 5 minutes. Use a spoon and gently scrape blackened skin off onto a paper towel. Slice peppers and remove seeds.