Betty's "Aussie" Style Sausage Rolls
My kids LOVE these, they can be pre-made and pop in the fridge until you want to want to bake them. I like to use either a beef or pork sausage, casing removed. A good butcher can help you, if you have a good "English" style butcher you are in luck!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 lb (500g) sausage meat - not italian sausage
·1 lb (500g) low fat beef mince
·1 large carrot, grated
·1 large potato, grated
·1 large onion, chopped fine
·1 zucchini, grated
·1 heaped dessert spoon ground sage
·1/2 teaspoon pepper
·1 lb (500) gram box of pre-made puff pastry
How to Make Betty's "Aussie" Style Sausage Rolls
- Pre-heat your oven to 3750F/190oC and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Place everything except the pastry in a bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Separate the pastry into individual sheets. Divide the meat mix evenly among the pastry. Shape the meat mix into "sausages" and roll the pastry around the meat. Cut each raw sausage roll in half width ways and place on your baking trays.
- Pop your filled trays into your pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lashings of ketchup (tomato sauce).