Beef Stew with a Different Twist!
I LOVE being creative in everything I do which includes my dishes!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as well as we all have.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbbeef cubed
1/2 lbchorizo (mexican sausage, mild or medium
2 largepotatoes cut up
2 sprig(s)green onion sliced thinly
2 mediumcarrot, sliced
1/2 bag(s)pearl onions
1/2 pkgpeas, frozen
2beef bouillon, cubes
1 boxbeef broth, reduced sodium
1/4 cparsley flakes
2 mediumtomatoes roughly cut
1 pkgfresh mushrooms sliced thick
5-6 dash(es)worcestershire sauce
3 Tbspcorn starch for thickening
1 jar(s)beef gravy of choice
How to Make Beef Stew with a Different Twist!
- Heat Crockpot while boiling the cut Potatoes & Carrots in a pan until they're cooked half way through
- Cut up beef cubes & Sausage (I find it alot easier to cut sausage while frozen
Gently fry in med/lg. saucepan in butter (or sm. amt. of oil) until browned & tender
- I used a crockpot for a nice slow simmer although you can use a pot of your choice.
Put everything into heated pot/pan including the pearl onions/peas & drippings from fry pan & cook low & slow.
- Add Worcheshire/gravy/broth & boulion/spices to pot & cover. I sometimes use 1/2 cup sour cream to mine when stew is 1/2 way cooked which gives a nice added flavor.
- Near the end, scoop out 1-1/2 to 2 cups of the stew mixture and mash it to a thick consistency (I use a small blender) and add back to pot & stir in to incorporate the texture.
Cook 3 - 4 hrs. in Crockpot
Remember to cook low & slow