Beecher's "World's Best" Mac & Cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 7 oz
- about 1 3/4 cups of flagship cheese
- 1 oz
- about 1/4 cup just jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- coarse salt
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp
- chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
- 6 oz
- penne pasta
- 1 oz
- flagship cheese grated
- 1 oz
- just jack cheese grated
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- chipotle chili powder instructions
How to Make Beecher's "World's Best" Mac & Cheese
- 1To prepare sauce, melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the flour.
- 2Continue whisking and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 3Add cheeses, salt, chili powder and garlic powder. Stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350F. Butter or oil an 8-inch baking dish. Cook penne 2 minutes less than package directions. (It will finish cooking in the oven.) Rinse pasta in cold water and drain well.
- 5Combine pasta and sauce in a medium bowl; mix carefully but thoroughly. Scrape the pasta into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with cheeses and then the chili powder.
- 6Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.