Beans 'n' Greens Burritos
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion, chopped
- 3-4 clove
- garlic, minced
- jalapenos, fresh; seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb
- fresh kale, chopped
- 2 c
- cooked black beans with liquid
- whole wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- your favorite burrito extras like cheese, salsa etc
How to Make Beans 'n' Greens Burritos
- 1sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add jalapenos and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- 2Add kale and sprinkle with spices. Cook approximately 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
- 3Stir in black beans. Add reserved liquid as necessary; cook until heated through.
- 4Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite fixings!
- 5Note: I frequently use canned black beans when I'm short on time. Rinse and drain 2 cups worth. If you need to add liquid, a little vegetable or chicken broth does nicely!