Beans 'n' Greens Burritos
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspolive oil
3-4 clovegarlic, minced
2jalapenos, fresh; seeded and chopped
1 1/2 tspchili powder
·salt and pepper to taste
1 lbfresh kale, chopped
2 ccooked black beans with liquid
·whole wheat flour tortillas, warmed
·your favorite burrito extras like cheese, salsa etc
How to Make Beans 'n' Greens Burritos
- sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add jalapenos and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Add kale and sprinkle with spices. Cook approximately 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Stir in black beans. Add reserved liquid as necessary; cook until heated through.
- Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite fixings!
- Note: I frequently use canned black beans when I'm short on time. Rinse and drain 2 cups worth. If you need to add liquid, a little vegetable or chicken broth does nicely!