6 points WW
How to Make Bean Soup
- 1Pick Any 5 Cans of Beans.
For Example, black-eyed peas, butter beans, northern beans, black beans, kidney beans, or pinto beans.
Drain In a Colander & Rinse Off.
- 2I Like To Fry a Few Chopped Pieces of Bacon In The Bottom of The Pan Just Until Crispy, leave the bacon and the fat in the bottom of the pan.
If You Have a Nice Ham Bone, you can use that instead.
- 3Add the beans and chicken broth. Sometimes I throw in a bay leaf.
- 4Let simmer with the lid on for about an hour or until the starch from the beans start to break down.
- 5You can add some carrots and celery, onions, whatever you like when you add the beans. You can also add any chopped left over cooked meat like chicken, ham or pork loin before serving.
For a vegetarian /vegan meal, use vegetable stock and omit the meat.