BBQ Shepherd's Pie
Play with it! Have fun! Let me know!
- 1 lb
- ground meat (i use pork, but any will work)
- 3-4 medium
- potatoes, mashed (fresh works the best but i have used instant in a pinch)
- 4-6 bottle
- barbecue sauce, gluten free (adjust to taste)
- 2-4 c
- mixed vegetables, frozen (fresh works good, but not canned)
- 2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese (or your favorite)
- 2 tsp
- basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make BBQ Shepherd's Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown meat in skillet until well done. leave in skillet.
- 2Add vegetables and barbeque sauce and stir until well mixed and evenly coated. I sometimes leave the stove on medium and let the sauce warm the vegis a bit to make it easier to mix.
- 3Place in large baking pan and spread evenly over bottom
- 4Spread cheese over barbeque mixture and then carefully spread mashed potatoes on top, covering all filling completely. Sprinkle basil and paprika over the potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 5Bake for approx. 30 minutes. I check to see if cheese is melted by moving some of the mashed potatoes in the middle of the pan away. If you want the potatoes browned remove foil when cheese is melted and let sit in the oven until it is desired color.
- 6Let sit for 5-10 minutes, serve and enjoy! this is a great rainy/blizzard day dish.