Basic Technique of Roasting a Duck (with glaze)
How to Make Basic Technique of Roasting a Duck (with glaze)
- 1FOR THE DUCK:
- 2Wash and pat dry your duck.
- 3Score the skin in a criss-cross pattern.
- 4Cut off excess fat, poke it all over, salt and truss.
- 5Roast at 300'F for 1 hour, breast side up.
Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast side down.
Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast side up.
Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour breast side down.
Poke, flip, blast at 400'F for 10 minutes breast side up.
- 6Brush with glaze and put back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- 7Rest, carve, serve, Enjoy!
- 8FOR THE GLAZE:
- 9This glaze is salty-sweet and gives the duck more flavour. It helps the skin brown faster as well. If you notice the skin starting to burn cover it with a foil tent.
- 10Combine the tamari, stevia and 5 Spice Powder in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly. Rub the glaze all over the duck and finish with a light salting.
- 11Apply the glaze all over the duck. It is best to removed the duck from the roasting pan, then glaze it, then put the duck in. Might be good to let the glaze drip off the duck (out of the roasting pan)a bit before putting it back into the oven. The glaze will smoke and could burn.