Basic Portobello Burgers
·portobello or other jumbo mushroom caps, stems removed
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspbalsamic vinegar
2 tspolive oil
·your favorite grill seasoning to taste
·red onion, sliced
·roma tomatoes, sliced
·romaine lettuce, shredded
How to Make Basic Portobello Burgers
- Cover a baking sheet with low sides in foil.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic, olive oil, vinegar if using and spices.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet and brush generously over mushroom caps on both sides. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler or grill while the mushrooms soak up the goodness.
- Broil mushrooms about 8 minutes per side, or until they’re tender through.
- Split buns and brush cut surface lightly with butter, olive oil or leftover seasoning mix. Place on a pan under the broiler a minute or so until toasted.
- While buns are toasting, top mushrooms with cheese so it melts while they’re hot.
- Assemble your burgers however it makes you happy.