Basic Portobello Burgers
- portobello or other jumbo mushroom caps, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 clove
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- your favorite grill seasoning to taste
- red onion, sliced
- roma tomatoes, sliced
- romaine lettuce, shredded
- avocado, sliced
- mozzarella cheese
How to Make Basic Portobello Burgers
- 1Cover a baking sheet with low sides in foil.
- 2Combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic, olive oil, vinegar if using and spices.
- 3Place mushrooms on baking sheet and brush generously over mushroom caps on both sides. Set aside.
- 4Preheat broiler or grill while the mushrooms soak up the goodness.
- 5Broil mushrooms about 8 minutes per side, or until they’re tender through.
- 6Split buns and brush cut surface lightly with butter, olive oil or leftover seasoning mix. Place on a pan under the broiler a minute or so until toasted.
- 7While buns are toasting, top mushrooms with cheese so it melts while they’re hot.
- 8Assemble your burgers however it makes you happy.