Apricot Stuffing from my German-Russian Grandmothe
The kids (Including me!)loved it and would try to get snitches while she was making it. We would get scolded and told to wait because it wasn't baked yet!
So we had to wait---and that's how learned patience????????????????????????
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 oz
- dried apricots
- 1 c
- 10 c
- bread cubes -my grandmother always used her white homemade bread
- 1 can 12 o oz
- organic non ms chicken broth
- 1 small
- salt and pepper
How to Make Apricot Stuffing from my German-Russian Grandmothe
- 1In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter slowly.
- 2Add can of Organic Chicken broth (I like "Pacific" brand )to the butter. Mix togethxer with whip
- 3Cut up all apricots into 1/2" pieces .
- 4Put all Apricot pieces in butter/Chicken broth. Stir together.
- 5Let Apricots simmer in butter/Chicken Broth for 1 hour.
Put lid on but not tight.
- 6After Apricots have simmered for an hour, pour them into a LARGE mixing bowl.
- 7Add bread cubes ( these may be dried or can be freshly homemade). A help is to add them 2 cups at a time and stir after each addition.
- 8Add salt & pepper to your own taste, My Grandmother used very little of each!
- 9Turn oven on to 350°
- 10In a Large baking casserole dish,
spray "PAM" on bottom and sides of the inside casserole dish.
- 11Pour stuffing into casserole dish.
Place in center of pre-heated oven.
- 12Bake for 1 hour,until brown and crunchy on top.
Enjoy hot with Thanksgiving Feast-and, REMEMBER, EVERY DAY IS A THANKSGIVING DAY AS LONG AS WE ARE IN THE USA!!!!!!!