★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspolive oil
1 pkgextra firm tofu (about 14 oz), drained and patted dry, crumbled
3 tspchili powder
1 tspsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 csalted sunflower nuts
1 pkgfrozen corn (around 2 cups)
1large bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow), diced
1 crice (optional)
3 ozcrumbled feta or goat cheese
1 csalsa (i use mild, but use what you like)
3 cfresh baby spinach
How to Make Veggie Tacos
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add tofu, chili powder, half of the salt, and half of the pepper. Cook until nice and brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking, add sunflower nuts to the skillet.
- Add corn to tofu mixture and cook until heated thoroughly, around 4 minutes. Add the bell pepper, rice (if you choose to include it), and remaining salt/pepper, cooking for another 5 minutes or so, until the peppers are slightly tender.
- When everything in the skillet is cooked, heat the tortillas (either in a separate skillet or microwave). Drop a bit of salsa to an open tortilla, add some crumbled cheese, and a large spoonful of the veggie/tofu mixture. Top with fresh spinach. Fold and eat!
- Do the same with the remaining tortillas for a simple and pretty darn healthy veggie dinner!
- *** This recipe can be changed so many ways by adding in different veggies! All measurements are approximate, change them up as you like! ***