Veggie Mexican Lasagne
This is a perfect dish to make for pot luck, a small square is quite filling. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 bag(s)
- quorn grounds
- 1 pkg
- mild taco seasoning - any brand
- 2 can(s)
- vegetarian refried beans
- 1 pkg
- 3 cup bag of mexican blend grated cheese
- 1 pkg
- 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 jar(s)
- mild salsa
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste
- optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, chopped onion, chopped avocado etc.
How to Make Veggie Mexican Lasagne
- 1Defrost Quorn grounds (or ground beef). Add enough oil to a frying pan to prevent grounds from sticking. Season with 1/2 packet of taco seasoning, and 1/2 the amount of water listed on the packet. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Heat both cans of refried beans in a saucepan. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cups water, and remaining taco seasoning. Beans should be smooth, spreading consistency, but not runny.
- 3Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half. Using 4 halfs, cover bottom of pan. Placing straight edges against side of pan. Rounded edges may overlap in the middle.
Spread 1/3 of the beans over tortillas, followed by 1/3 of the meat mixture and 1/3 of the cheese.
Repeat layers ending with cheese on top.
- 4Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
Cover pan and bake at 350 degrees or until dish is heated through and cheese is melted.
Let set about 10 minutes before cutting.
- 5Serve with toppings of: salsa, sour cream, avocado slices, diced onions, lettuce etc. Whatever your family would enjoy.