Tri-Color Stuffed Peppers
All veggie and spice amounts can be taylored to your liking!
Orginally recipe made with:
-Bird's Eye Steam Fresh Brown Rice & Corn
-1/2 Jimmy Dean Org Sausage Roll
2 cboca crumbles or 1/2 jimmy dean orginial sausage roll
8-10 ozcorn, frozen or canned
1-1.5 csalsa, chunky
1-1.5 cbrown rice, cooked
1 cmexican blend shredded cheese
3large peppers; red, orange, yellow, or green
1/2 cred onion (chopped finely)
2 dash(es)parsley flakes
2 dash(es)oregano, dried
2 dash(es)garlic powder
1 dash(es)salt and pepper
19x13 glass or ceramic baking dish or multiple smaller ones
How to Make Tri-Color Stuffed Peppers
- BOCA version - Measure 2 cups of BOCA crumbles in medium size canola/oil sprayed skillet, heat as directed. Watch closely. Doesnt take the full 12 min it says.
Sausage Version- Cut off 1/2 JD sausage roll into skillet. Break up into as small of pieces as you can while browning meat.
- Dash parsley, organo, and garlic power, mix and set to and set aside.
- Set oven to 400
If using a boil-in-bag rice. Put in microwave for 10 minutes while cleaning peppers and getting ingredients out. Corn in micro is next (if you use that kind)
Clean peppers inside and out. Slice peppers long, top to bottom (not the traditional, top off way). Your eating all of it! Don't forget the outside! Dampen off peppers with paper towl and set aside. I find yellow, red, and orange to be delish and I'm finding out much healthier than the norm!!!
- Back to the BOCA or sausage. Put into larger skillet, sauce pan or bowl, no further heat is necessary but you can keep it on low if you want.
- Add cooked corn, salsa, rice, and red onion to BOCA or sausage. Stir in 1/2 cheese. Save rest for topping, once assembled.
- Pack peppers each with filling and set into glass 9x13 oven safe baking dish or other ceramic oven safe dish with 1/2c water in bottom. If using multiple or smaller dishes, each has 1/2 cup water. Sprinkle remaining cheese over each pepper.
- Cover all dishes with foil (dull side closest to food) and Bake for 30 minutes!
- Eat any left over filling!