- 6-inch corn tortillas
- 4 oz
- chopped ham or cooked crumbled bacon (omit for vegetarian dish)
- 1 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion and green pepper, sauteed (optional)
- 4 large
- 1 c
- half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Tortilla Quiche
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray four 5-inch diameter ramekins or oven-proof bowls with nonstick spray.
- 2Heat tortillas on a plate in microwave until soft and pliable, about 15-20 seconds. Place one tortilla in each of the ramekins, pressing down onto the bottom and allowing the edges to fold up to make the sides of the crust.
- 3Place one-fourth of the chopped ham evenly over the bottom of each crust. Do the same with the grated cheese and vegetables if used.
- 4Beat together the eggs, half & half, and salt and pepper. Use a wire whisk or fork and whip for about 30 seconds. Pour one-fourth of the egg mixture evenly over each crust. Don't worry if it overflows the crust and a little runs underneath.
- 5Bake the quiches for 30 minutes, or until set in the middle. A toothpick inserted should come out clean. Serve immediately while hot and puffed up. They will tend to settle down as they cool.