Te-Mex Chili Tortilla Bake
Leslie Speed Dutton
Use a potato masher to break up meat. Place baking dish on a cookie sheet in case of drippings.
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 16 oz
- tomato sauce
- 16 oz
- rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 oz
- green chiles, chopped and desired heat level
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- flour tortillas, 8" and cut in half
- 3 c
- mexican blend or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 box
- corn kernels, frozen
- 15 oz
- black or pinto beans, canned
How to Make Te-Mex Chili Tortilla Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large frying pan with high sides, sauté chopped onion and garlic in oil until onion is translucent. Add can of green chilie and cook for 2-3 additional minutes. Add ground meat, breaking it up and cook until browned. Drain off grease.
- 3Stir in taco seasoning, tomato sause, tomatos with green chilies, corn and beans.
- 4Spray a 11" x 7" x 2" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Layer half the tortillas, beef mixture, cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- 5Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown, melted and bubbly.