I have always made this version of what traditionally are called Flautas, because they are so slender. These can be filled with your choice of meats and or vegetable mix. I have played with several version of vegetables because of how the meats have been concocted with hormones. If I can get a home raised chicken and or open grazed buffalo and seafood that is low in mercury I use them. I tested them on my kids and to my surprise they were so excited because the taquitos were so flavorful. So try out my version and hopefully you get the same or better results from your family.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Hr 30 Min
1 Hr 30 Min
FRESH VEGIES & OTHER INGREDIENTS:
4 cchinese cabbage or bok choy, sliced
1 cred onion
1 can(s)white onion
5 largelimes or lemons
1 smallbunch of radishes
1 Tbspdry oregano
2 mediumfirm tomatoes
1 cgreen onions
3 Tbsplimenaise or your favorite
1 ccotija type cheese pulverized in the blender.
2 largechicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
75 golive oil, extra virgin garlic flavored
How to Make Taquitos
- Boil the chicken breast in a stock pot and bring to a boil for half an hour. Keep a watchful eye on this make sure it is tender and not tough. Next,
- Begin with the largest size of vegetable you will need, in this case its the Cabbage; by the way you can use a mixture of green and red cabbage or just either one of your choosing. I used a mixture and since we can't say that in the ingredients, I am mentioning it now to you. You can use a food processor and or your own hands, I used my own hands since I do not own a food processor. I sliced the cabbage thinly.
- chop the coriander roughly and set aside in a platter next to the thinly sliced cabbage mixture of your choice.
- Thinly slice the Red & White Onion also set aside next to the coriander. Next,
- Wash and flower the radishes and then set aside next to the onions. Next,
- Slice the lemons or limes in quarters, set aside to the onions and squeeze the juice of one citrus of your choice on the onions to marinate sprinkle with Oregano. Next,
- Take one cup of cheese cotija and use your blender to rough chop and bring the cheese to a chunky-powder consistency.
- Once the chicken breast are done and cooled down, use your blender to also rough chop and mix in some cotija cheese and half a cup of onion and garlic.
- In a bowl mix all the following ingredients: Chicken mixture, mayonaise or limonaise, salt and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon oregano. Use this mixture to fill your soft warn corn tortillas and form into long tubes filled with one tablespoon of mixture.You can either bake them or deep fry them in one half inch of olive oil. I chose to use the olive oil.