I have always made this version of what traditionally are called Flautas, because they are so slender. These can be filled with your choice of meats and or vegetable mix. I have played with several version of vegetables because of how the meats have been concocted with hormones. If I can get a home raised chicken and or open grazed buffalo and seafood that is low in mercury I use them. I tested them on my kids and to my surprise they were so excited because the taquitos were so flavorful. So try out my version and hopefully you get the same or better results from your family.
★★★★★ 1 vote
1 Hr 30 Min
1 Hr 30 Min
- 4 c
- chinese cabbage or bok choy, sliced
- 1 c
- 1 c
- red onion
- 1 can(s)
- white onion
- 5 large
- limes or lemons
- 1 small
- bunch of radishes
- 1 Tbsp
- dry oregano
- 2 medium
- firm tomatoes
- 1 c
- green onions
- 3 Tbsp
- limenaise or your favorite
- 1 c
- cotija type cheese pulverized in the blender.
- 2 large
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 75 g
- olive oil, extra virgin garlic flavored
FRESH VEGIES & OTHER INGREDIENTS:
How to Make Taquitos
- 1Boil the chicken breast in a stock pot and bring to a boil for half an hour. Keep a watchful eye on this make sure it is tender and not tough. Next,
- 2Begin with the largest size of vegetable you will need, in this case its the Cabbage; by the way you can use a mixture of green and red cabbage or just either one of your choosing. I used a mixture and since we can't say that in the ingredients, I am mentioning it now to you. You can use a food processor and or your own hands, I used my own hands since I do not own a food processor. I sliced the cabbage thinly.
- 3chop the coriander roughly and set aside in a platter next to the thinly sliced cabbage mixture of your choice.
- 4Thinly slice the Red & White Onion also set aside next to the coriander. Next,
- 5Wash and flower the radishes and then set aside next to the onions. Next,
- 6Slice the lemons or limes in quarters, set aside to the onions and squeeze the juice of one citrus of your choice on the onions to marinate sprinkle with Oregano. Next,
- 7Take one cup of cheese cotija and use your blender to rough chop and bring the cheese to a chunky-powder consistency.
- 8Once the chicken breast are done and cooled down, use your blender to also rough chop and mix in some cotija cheese and half a cup of onion and garlic.
- 9In a bowl mix all the following ingredients: Chicken mixture, mayonaise or limonaise, salt and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon oregano. Use this mixture to fill your soft warn corn tortillas and form into long tubes filled with one tablespoon of mixture.You can either bake them or deep fry them in one half inch of olive oil. I chose to use the olive oil.