Taco Subs on Vienna Bread
The combinations to making this are endless.
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- chopped olives (black or green)
- 8 oz
- can tomato saauce with basil and garlic(italian)
- 1 large
- loaf unsliced vienna bread
How to Make Taco Subs on Vienna Bread
- 1Heat oven to 350^.
Brown beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink, drain off any grease. Sprinkle in taco mix, salt, tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of the cheese and the olives. Mix together well.Cook together for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2Slice bread in half lengthwise and form boats by hollowing out each piece to witnin 1-inch from sides and bottom.
Mix about 1 cup of the bread crumbs or pieces into the beef mixture. Spoon the beef mixture into the bread hallows.
- 3Wrap each boat in foil. Place on baking tray.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
To serve, remove the foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top the chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce, if desired.
Slice 1 1/4 inch slices from each loaf ,until all is cut. Serve without tomatoes and lettuce if desired.Great party idea. You can dress or undress with any topping of your choice.