Stuffed whole wheat bread
It is a new favorite in this house that I think will be made on bread baking day.
I came up with it when I was trying to come up with a good vegan stuffing for stuffed peppers. after I stuffed the peppers with this I had some left over so I stuffed some tomatoes. and still had some left. since it was my Bread baking day I thought what the heck and decided to stuff a loaf of bread. for dinner the next day.
so I reheated it in the oven for 30 minutes and sliced in to it and Oh My God! It was better than the peppers.
1loaf worth of your favorite whole wheat bread dough
1 cbrown rice, cooked
1 smallonion, diced
1 can(s)diced green chilies
1 largetomatoe diced
1/2 cblack beans, canned
1 smallzucchini, diced
1 boxsmart crumbles (vegan soy meat crumbles)
·salt and pepper to taste
1 pkgburrito seasoning
·toppings: salsa and vegan sour cream
How to Make Stuffed whole wheat bread
- prepare your filling first before your bread dough because it needs to cool before filling your bread anyway. and you have to fill the bread at the right before the final rise of the dough.
- first cook your onions till they are translucent then add the smat crumbles,green chilies, diced zucchini, tomatoes and black beans and cook till heated thru now add the rice and salsa.
- now add the burrito seasoning packet and cook till their is no liquid left. remove from heat and let cool.
- just before your bread does its final rise roll it into a rectangle about a half inch thick. and spoon the filling down the center. fold the dough around the filling burrito style. Roll it tight so their is no air between the filling and the dough. and let it sit to rise.
- Bake at 375 F. for about 40 min. or until the bread is done. your bread recipe may call for shorter or longer time. follow the recipie for the bread for cooking times because the filling is already cooked