Stuffed Green Peppers without meat!
1eggplant, sliced about 1/4 inch;
1yellow summer squash, sliced
1/2vidallia onion, sliced
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
6 smallgreen peppers, top sliced off & seeds removed
1 largecan whole tomatoes in juice, chopped
1 cbrown rice, microwaved in 3 cups water
1 can(s)refried beans
How to Make Stuffed Green Peppers without meat!
- Slice veggies and layer in a baking dish,brushed with olive oil, and sprinkle taco seasoning over all.Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 mins.
- Boil rice 30 mins. or Microwave rice in 3 cups water in a large bowl,10 mins. on high (uncovered) and 20 mins.on 1/2 power.
When done, place green peppers in dish with a small amount of water, cover and microwave five mins. until tender but not sagging!
- In an oven baking dish, first place the tomatoes and chop a little; add the six green peppers and place spoonsful of refried beans in each pepper.
- Spoon the partially cooked rice into each pepper on top of the refried beans. Cover dish with foil and bake 30 mins.
- Remove eggplant,squash and onions from oven and stir, then chop a bit and spoon over the peppers and sprinkle grated cheese over all, and return to the oven for another five or ten minutes.