Sopaipillas (Mexican Dessert)
1 3/4 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
·oil for frying
·cinnamon and sugar mix (1/2 c sugar to 1 tsp of cinnamon)
How to Make Sopaipillas (Mexican Dessert)
- Combine the dry ingredients and then add the shortening.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Gradually add water.
- Stir with a fork until the mixture holds together.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for about 2 mins until smooth. Cover and let stand for 5 mins.
- Roll out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2 in triangles.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in a deep fat fryer or electric skillet. Fry on both sides for 1-2 mins until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from oil and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mix. Then drizzle honey over them and eat while still warm.