Quick Beef Enchiladas
Serve with refried beans.
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp
- each of diced red and green bell peppers
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 10 oz
- can diced tomato with or without green chilies, drained
- 24 oz
- can enchilada sauce
- 12 small
- 6 inch corn tortillas
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese blend
- sour cream for garnish,optional
How to Make Quick Beef Enchiladas
- 1Heat oven to 375^. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Cook beef, onion and bell pepper in a large skillet over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- 2Add drained tomatoes and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce; blend well.
Place tortillas in a damp paper towels; microwave tortilla with towel for about 1 minute or until flexible.
- 3Place about 1/3 cup of beef mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with 1 Tablespoon of cheese.
Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish; top with remaining sauce and cheese, spreading to cover tortilla edges. Bake covered for 25 minutes then uncover and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Can use refried beans spread on corn tortilla and then filled with black beans and corn and roll and bake the same.