Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas
2 largechicken breast halves, skinless, boneless, or 8 tenders .
2 or more ccheese--- (your favorite shredded), and bacon bits ( if you want extra flavor) as much as you like.
tortillas mediumor which size you prefer
3 Tbspolive oil, (any kind) i use a mix of olive and canola
3 Tbspgarlic powder (more/less if you like)
3 Tbsponion powder (more/less if you like)
3 Tbspsoul food seasoning (more/less if you like)
1 Tbsplime or lemon juice
1 Tbspcumin ( more/less if you like)
1 tsporegano, dried (more/less if you like)
1 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspoil (any kind) for pan/ wok
1 Tbspoil ( any kind) to put on griddle/ grill /pan
How to Make Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas
- Cut breasts into strips, and then into chunky bite sized pieces. If using tenders, cut into chunky bite sized pieces.
- Place chicken into a bowl, coat with 3 T of oil, then add remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Place into plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. This is not required, but the flavors get better if you have time to marinate them. The longer you marinate, the better the flavor. I usually make mine in the afternoon of the day I am going to serve them.
- Heat skillet/wok on high with 2 tablespoons oil until extremely hot.( Like stir fry) Pour chicken into hot pan, turn heat to medium, and toss ( stir fry) until meat is done. Set aside.
- Wipe griddle/grill/ pan with 1 T oil, or spray with Pam. I use a cast iron grill pan turned to the flat side. Turn heat to high to get pan hot, then turn heat down to medium.
- Place tortillas on griddle/ grill/ pan, heat through until hot on one side, then turn over to the other side, place cheese over entire tortilla, place chicken on top of cheese on 1/2 of the tortilla. NOTE: I also add bacon bits on top of the chicken for extra flavor.
- When cheese has melted, flip the half with the cheese over onto the half with the chicken. Press down on tortilla, let brown for about 10 seconds, then flip tortilla over to brown on the other side.
- These brown very quickly, so be careful not to burn them. After they have toasted to your liking, remove from pan, and cut into wedges.
- Place onto a platter, serve with sides of sour cream, and your favorite salsa. I use Wal-Mart's Great Value Lime and Garlic Salsa, it complements the seasoning on the chicken.
- NOTE: Prepare steak the same way if you want to make steak quesadillas instead of the chicken.... marinated thin strips of Chuck steak work excellent in this recipe, and are also good to make a Steak Hoagie/Sub with Swiss Cheese and Mushrooms. Delicious! My honey loves both recipes.