My Version Of Mexican Cornbread Casserole
1(8.5 ounce) packaged corn buffin mix
1/4 cegg beaters
1/3 creduced fat milk
3/4 cfrozen whole kernal corn, divided
1/2 lbground turkey
1(10 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
1(8 ounce) can of tomato sauce (with green chili) optional
1 cshredded reduced fat mexican cheese blend
How to Make My Version Of Mexican Cornbread Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 375 and spray an 8 X 8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together cornbread mix, egg beaters, milk and half of corn and pour into prepared dish.
- In a skillet cook ground turkey over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or no longer pink and crumbled; stirring occasioally and drain.
- Stir in drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining corn and cumin. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over top of cornbread batter and top with cheese.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cornbread is done.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with your favorite salad.