My Version Of Mexican Cornbread Casserole
- cooking spray
- (8.5 ounce) packaged corn buffin mix
- 1/4 c
- egg beaters
- 1/3 c
- reduced fat milk
- 3/4 c
- frozen whole kernal corn, divided
- 1/2 lb
- ground turkey
- (10 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce (with green chili) optional
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- shredded reduced fat mexican cheese blend
How to Make My Version Of Mexican Cornbread Casserole
- 1Preheat your oven to 375 and spray an 8 X 8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a bowl, stir together cornbread mix, egg beaters, milk and half of corn and pour into prepared dish.
- 3In a skillet cook ground turkey over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or no longer pink and crumbled; stirring occasioally and drain.
- 4Stir in drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining corn and cumin. Mix well.
- 5Pour mixture over top of cornbread batter and top with cheese.
- 6Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cornbread is done.
- 7Remove from oven and serve hot with your favorite salad.