Mexican White Rice
How to Make Mexican White Rice
- 1Heat oil in heavy medium pan with a lid,over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 3-5 minutes, or until dark brown in color. Discard.
- 2In same oil, add onion, then rice. Cook approx. 15 minutes, or until rice starts to become a light golden color. Meanwhile, heat chicken broth.
- 3Carefully add the hot chicken broth to rice; caution, it will splatter. Add salt, stir, and bring to a boil. Cover, decrease heat to medium-low, simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4After 10 minutes, uncover, and stir. Check for seasoning. Most of the liquid should be absorbed. Re-cover, turn off heat, allow to sit for another 10-15 minutes. Serve, and enjoy.
- 5We frequently put the rice in a bowl, add boiled pinto beans over the top, and eat with tortilla chips!!!(Don't forget to try this with the sliced banana! You won't believe how good it is!)