Mexican Taco Pizza (Vegetarian)
- ready-made whole wheat pizza crusts
- 1 large
- can rosarita vegetarian refried beans
- 1 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced black olives
- minced green onions
- sour cream, ranch dressing or salsa
- cheddar and jack cheese (if not desiring vegan)
How to Make Mexican Taco Pizza (Vegetarian)
- 1Bake pre-made pizza crusts in oven for 10 minutes. (I have recently found a thin whole wheat crust that I like---it does not have to be prebaked.)
- 2Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, mix your refried beans with taco seasoning and water and simmer til water is evaporated.
If you want to get more veggies in, brown up some diced onions and peppers before adding the beans. I also like to stir in some chopped mild chilies.
- 3Remove crusts from oven and spread bean mixture on top of the two crusts. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- 4Return to oven and bake til sizzling.
- 5Top with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, black olives, green onions and a sprinkling of cheddar or jack cheese. Dress with sour cream, ranch dressing or salsa.