Mexican Taco Pizza (Vegetarian)
2ready-made whole wheat pizza crusts
1 largecan rosarita vegetarian refried beans
1 Tbsptaco seasoning mix
·sliced black olives
·minced green onions
·sour cream, ranch dressing or salsa
·cheddar and jack cheese (if not desiring vegan)
How to Make Mexican Taco Pizza (Vegetarian)
- Bake pre-made pizza crusts in oven for 10 minutes. (I have recently found a thin whole wheat crust that I like---it does not have to be prebaked.)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, mix your refried beans with taco seasoning and water and simmer til water is evaporated.
If you want to get more veggies in, brown up some diced onions and peppers before adding the beans. I also like to stir in some chopped mild chilies.
- Remove crusts from oven and spread bean mixture on top of the two crusts. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake til sizzling.
- Top with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, black olives, green onions and a sprinkling of cheddar or jack cheese. Dress with sour cream, ranch dressing or salsa.