My friend Krissy gave me this recipe. She said as I started to copy it onto my recipe cards, "Don't you want to try it first?" No need, I've never gotten a recipe from her that wasn't just wonderful, and this is no exception. Krissy and I worked together for 30 years, a lot of them side by side. Between us we have 9 brothers! When people would comment on how ornery we were, we would blame it on surviving all those brothers!
1 1/2 lbground beef (cooked and drained)
16 ozrefried beans
1 tspdried oregano
3/4 tspgarlic powder
12no cook lasagna noodles
2 1/2 cwater
2 1/2 csalsa (your choice of hotness)
2 csour cream
3/4 cthinly sliced green onions
1/2 cshredded cheese (we like pepper jack, but mexican blend will work too)
1 can(s)sliced black olives (drained)
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 9X13 pan with Pam
- Brown ground beef. It doesn't call for it but I always cook ground beef with 1/2-1 diced onion.
- Combine browned ground beef,refried beans oregano, cumin,and garlic powder.
- Place 4 no cook lasagna noodles into the bottom of the prepared pan
- Layer with 1/2 of the browned beef mixture.
- Another layer of 4 no cook noodles
- The rest of the browned beef noodle mixture
- The final layer of no cook noodles
- Mix the water and Salsa. Pour over casserole.
- Cover tightly with foil
- Bake 1.5 hours
- Mix Topping of: Sour Cream, onions, black olives, and shredded cheese
- Remove from oven after 1.5 hrs, Spread topping evenly over casserole
- Bake uncovered an additional 10 min.
- Let stand 10 min. to set, slice and serve