My friend Krissy gave me this recipe. She said as I started to copy it onto my recipe cards, "Don't you want to try it first?" No need, I've never gotten a recipe from her that wasn't just wonderful, and this is no exception. Krissy and I worked together for 30 years, a lot of them side by side. Between us we have 9 brothers! When people would comment on how ornery we were, we would blame it on surviving all those brothers!
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef (cooked and drained)
- 16 oz
- refried beans
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 2 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- no cook lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 c
- 2 1/2 c
- salsa (your choice of hotness)
- 2 c
- sour cream
- 3/4 c
- thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheese (we like pepper jack, but mexican blend will work too)
- 1 can(s)
- sliced black olives (drained)
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- 1Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 9X13 pan with Pam
- 2Brown ground beef. It doesn't call for it but I always cook ground beef with 1/2-1 diced onion.
- 3Combine browned ground beef,refried beans oregano, cumin,and garlic powder.
- 4Place 4 no cook lasagna noodles into the bottom of the prepared pan
- 5Layer with 1/2 of the browned beef mixture.
- 6Another layer of 4 no cook noodles
- 7The rest of the browned beef noodle mixture
- 8The final layer of no cook noodles
- 9Mix the water and Salsa. Pour over casserole.
- 10Cover tightly with foil
- 11Bake 1.5 hours
- 12Mix Topping of: Sour Cream, onions, black olives, and shredded cheese
- 13Remove from oven after 1.5 hrs, Spread topping evenly over casserole
- 14Bake uncovered an additional 10 min.
- 15Let stand 10 min. to set, slice and serve