Mexica poached eggs/Huevos Haogados
- roma or plum tomatoes
- dried chile de arbol seeded and stem off
- garlic clove with skin on
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- whole cummin or ground is fine too
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- olive or vegetable oil
How to Make Mexica poached eggs/Huevos Haogados
- 1Heat up a skillet to medium high heat add tomatoes and garlic clove with the skin still on. Keep turning tomatoes and garlic clove until they start turning black on all sides. About 5 minutes or so last minute add whole cumin seeds and chiles. Add water and cover with lid. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
- 2After 5 minutes add the tomatoes, garlic, chiles, and cumin in a blender with liquid and blend until well combined. Add oil to skillet and pour sauce in it. Have it on medium heat add salt and taste if you need more add more. Crack eggs into the sauce and salt and pepper them. Cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes take lid off and turn egg over. Cook for another 2 minutes or to your desired likeness. Turn heat off and garnish with chives or cilantro.
- 3Serve with warm tortillas or corn chips what ever you prefer. If you want to make it spicier add another chile to the sauce. If the sauce is too thick add more water to it.