Eric loved it more than mexican lasagna
- 1 lb
- 1 can(s)
- pinto beans
- valhalla onion
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning or equivalent
- 3 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 tsp
- chilli powder
- flour tortillas (we used spelt)
- 2 c
- cheese (taco or moz)
- 1 jar(s)
- tostitos chunky salsa (we used mild)
How to Make Mexi- pie
- 1Set cream cheese out to soften.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook your hamburger and onion together until done adding taco spice and chili powder toward end of cooking time. Mash the kidney beans and put in the meat mixture. Warm and set aside.
- 2Spray a baking sheet. put down a tortilla. using about 1/2 of the meat mix spoon on and smooth out to end of tortilla. Top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese. top with a little salsa
With second tortilla spread the cream cheese over the entire tortilla. put on top of other tortilla. add all most all the remaining meat mixture saving a little as a garnish for on top if desired. add 1/3 of shredded cheese. top with a little salsa.
- 5I used the medium tortilla so I used only 2/3rds of the meat mix. So this is what I did today with the leftover meat
In a square larger than samdiwtch container put the meat mix in bottom, follow it with 2 oz cream cheese, 4-5 tablespoons tortitos salsa, and top with 1/3 cup shredded cheese. Serve cold with chips or microwave 1 1/2 - 2 minutes and serve warm