Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are just like pre-dipped chips... yum! They get soggy pretty quick, so prepare to munch just as soon as they're cool enough to eat. Perfect for game nights... or whenever! The Test Kitchen
- tortilla chips (homemade is best and cheaper too)
- 1 can(s)
- pinto beans, 14 ounce, drained
- 1 jar(s)
- ortega thick & smooth taco sauce
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced (a gralic press works wonders here)
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (i prefer extra sharp)
How to Make Meatless Nachos
- 1Pour can of beans into a mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher until they are the desired consistency.
- 2Stir in taco sauce and garlic to the bean mixture. Mix well.
- 3Lightly grease a cookie sheet and arrange the tortilla chips on the sheet in one layer.
- 4Drop spoonfuls of the bean mixture onto each of the chips. Cover with cheese and bake at 375 for approximately 10 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before eating, as the filling especially will be scalding hot.