I use this recipe as a base and then fiddle with proteins. It tastes good with hamburger, chicken, and even additional beans thrown in.
- 16 oz can refried beans (any variety)
- 1 cup (8oz) cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 packet lipton onion soup mix
- large can of enchilada sauce (red or green)
- flour/corn tortillas (i am partial to corn, but kids liked flour.)
How to Make Meatless Enchiladas
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl combine refried beans, cottage cheese, onion soup mix, and 1 cup of cheese; set aside.
- 3Warm 1/2 of the enchilada sauce in a skillet on low heat. Dip each tortilla in sauce, both sides. Lay tortilla on plate, place 1/4 cup mixture down center of tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 4Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas in dish. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Cover with foil (which has been sprayed with cooking spray). Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted.