★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 can(s)
- pork and beans
- medium onion, chopped
- 1 qt
- crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 tsp
- salt, black and/or white pepper, add to your own taste
- bay leaves, dried
- 1 lb
- lean, fully cooked and browned ground beef or chuck
- 1 or 2 tsp
- a-1 steak sauce or worsteshire sauce
- 1 c
- pre-prepared fresh salsa
- 2 clove
- chopped or minced garlic
- 1 small
- green or other sweet pepper chopped, and/or add 1 tbsp fresh yellow corn niblets to taste
- 1 pinch
- cumin, oregano, and/or italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- taco seasoning, powdered or liquid (optional)
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce or paste, depending on your preference
How to Make Kim's CrockPot Chili
- 1Brown ground beef, or chuck and drain off any fat. Place this along with any or all of the above ingredients, into a larger crockpot. You may want or need to add about a quart or so of water, depending on how much fluid you like or need in chili.
- 2Add as much or as little of these ingredients as you like. This recipe is better with the canned and smaller, more tender beans in pork and beans, or in canned vegetarian beans.
However,I have also added a very small amount of canned red kidney and/or pinto beans, for experimentation only.
- 3Let cook in crockpot on low setting for several hours. Very good with crackers, or homemade cornbread sticks.
Please feel free, if needed, to adjust the amounts,ingredients to your own needs. Enjoy!