Jess's Mexican rice
I love the tomatoes and the veggies and of course the rice!
This is easily made by stuff that is on hand, and is a tasty alternative to Mexican rice made with high sodium, MSG laden tomato and chicken bouillon.
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 c
- jasmine rice
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 small
- green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c
- tomato paste
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes with green chilis
- 3 c
- boiling water
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Jess's Mexican rice
- 1Prep your veggies.
- 2Preheat skillet with lid, over medium heat.
Once hot, add the oil, swirl the pan.
- 3Saute the rice, onions and bell pepper until the rice looks toasted. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the tomato paste and stir until it coats the rice.
Pour in tomatoes with chilis and boiling water.
- 5Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste.