★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbmahi mahi cut into 8 pieces
4 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 cfresh mango, diced
1/2 cfresh papaya, diced
1/2 cfresh pineapple, diced
1/2jalapeno, seeded, ribbed and diced
1/2small red onion, diced
1 cpackaged cole slaw
5 Tbspbland oil to cook tortillas
How to Make Grilled Fish Tacos with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Fire up the grill to a medium heat.
- Rub the mahi mahi filets with 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and set aside. You can always add your favorite herbs and spices, but I love the clean flavor of mahi mahi seasoned only with salt.
- Combine the diced mango, papaya, pineapple, jalapeno and red onion. Add the juice of two limes and stir well to combine. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the grill is ready, grill the mahi mahi over indirect heat about 4 minutes per side (or to desired doneness), turning once. Turning fish more than once on the grill makes it tough.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and briefly cook the corn tortillas. Put onto a paper towel to drain and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Remove the fruit salsa from the fridge and assemble the tacos. Put two pieces of fish on each tortilla, top with some of the cole slaw then the salsa and serve. Good with a nice, cold beer.