Garden Fresh Salsa
2small cans diced jalepenos (use chopped green chiles if you want it milder)
·juice from 1 lemon
·juice from 1 lime
·salt to taste (it seems like I use quite a bit)
·cilantro (optional - I usually don't use it)
How to Make Garden Fresh Salsa
- Chop up all tomatoes, peppers, and onion. Combine in a large bowl.
- Drain jalapenos (if you're using the green chiles, no need to drain them) and add them to the bowl.
- Roll the lemon & lime on the counter, pressing it with your hand before cutting them in half (you'll get more juice this way). Either use a juicer or squeeze the juice into your hand to catch any seeds.
- If using the optional cilantro, add it to the mixture (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped).
- Add salt and mix well. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours for flavors to combine well. I usually let it chill overnight.
- Serve with chips (the Scoops tortilla chips work well) or use on anything you put salsa on. I've put in on baked potatoes, on chicken before baking, etc... use your imagination!