Garden Fresh Salsa
- medium tomatoes
- green peppers
- yellow peppers
- orange peppers
- large onion
- small cans diced jalepenos (use chopped green chiles if you want it milder)
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- salt to taste (it seems like i use quite a bit)
- cilantro (optional - i usually don't use it)
How to Make Garden Fresh Salsa
- 1Chop up all tomatoes, peppers, and the onion and combine in a large bowl. Drain jalepenos (if you're using the green chiles, no need to drain them) and add to bowl.
- 2Roll the lemon & lime on the counter, pressing it with your hand before cutting them in half (you'll get more juice this way). Either use a juicer, or squeeze the juice into your hand to catch any seeds. Add salt and mix well. Chill in the fridge at least 2 hours for flavors to combine well. I usually let it chill overnight.
- 3Serve with chips (the Scoops tortilla chips work well), or use on anything you put salsa on. I've put in on baked potatoes, on chicken before baking, etc... use your imagination!