Cocktaile de Camarones
- 1 large
- can or bottle of tomato juice
- 2 lb
- medium or large shrimp cooked and deveined (or substitute with frozen, cooked shrimp, thawed)
- 4 medium
- tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium
- onion diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced fine
- avocados cubed
- 1 can(s)
- limes, juiced
- 1/2 bunch
- cilantro leaves, chopped
- tobasco (optional)
- jalapeno peppers minced seeds and membranes removed(optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- lime slices to garnish
- crackers of your choice
How to Make Cocktaile de Camarones
- 1Cook the shrimp in boiling water until they turn pinkish white, about 5 minutes, rinse in cold water and then chill in the refrigerator at least one hour. Meanwhile prepare the other ingredients.
In a large bowl combine: chilled tomato juice, tomato, onion, avocado, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. Add the chilled shrimp and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- 3NOTE: To make this easy on yourself make this, an easy, no cook meal, with frozen, cooked shrimp. This is a delicious cold soup and is especially refreshing in the summer. It makes for a beautiful presentation for dinner parties, fiesta's, and gatherings with friends.
I hope you enjoy the images I added of Leon, Guanajauto, Mexico, where I first encountered this dish.