Chorizo Spicy Omelette
- (3) egg whites, (1) egg yolk
- 1/4 c
- red onion, chopped fine
- 1 c
- spinach, fresh
- 1/2 pkg
- mexican chorizo, pork or beef (1/2 tube)
- 2 Tbsp
- rotel or fresh chopped tomato
- 1 pinch
- sea salt
- 1 dash(es)
- all spice
- 1/4 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 c
- mushrooms, fresh & sliced
- non-stick spray, olive oil flavour
- 1/4 c
- yellow or green bell pepper, chopped fine
IF NOT WATCHING CALORIES, TOP WITH AVACADO/SOUR CREAM/BLACK OLIVES
How to Make Chorizo Spicy Omelette
- 2In Skillet, spray with Non=stick Spray, heat to medium heat, when warmed, add 1/2 tube of chorizo, flatten meat mixture out with a spatula. Let this cook a few minutes, then break up meat & stir to allow it to brown slightly. This meat mixture is RED and won't turn golden brown, just lightens colour a lil', be sure not to burn it! When starts to cook good, add onions & cook five minutes, stir often. Then add mushrooms, fresh spinach and stir and allow to cook another five or so minutes. (If you like wilted spinach, cook a few minutes more). Set this pan aside.
- 3While chorizo is cooking, get a medium bowel, whip 1 egg yolk with 3 egg whites, add just a splash of water to keep eggs from "watering", milk is NOT suggested. Add pinch of sea salt, dash of all spice. During the last 5 minutes of chorizo cooking, pour egg mixture into a small non-stick warmed pan that is sprayed with non-stick spray or use an omelette pan. Over low heat, start to cook eggs, DON'T STIR, raise pan and slightly "swirl" pan to allow egg mixture to coat the sides of the pan, continue to do this until eggs are almost cooked, be sure to keep tempature regulated to not burn or over brown egg mixture.
- 4When egg mixture is cooked at the sides of the pan, add shredded cheese, reserved chorizo/veggie mixture and top with rotel on ONE SIDE of the omelette covering only half of it, close to the handle side of pan. Pull pan half off of heat to allow the egg only half of the omelette to cook a little longer, when not so runny, peel edge of omelette over to cover other chorizo/veggie side of omelette, push pan back onto of the heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Take a warmed plate, cover omelette pan with it and then turn pan over into the plate. It will land where it needs to stay so if want to make moon shape or take up half of plate, put rounded side of omelette near edge of plate before flip onto it. Can add lil' more rotel or tomato, cheese to top it off, cut into half & serve with a slice of whole grain toast & share this spicy omelette with a loved one for breakfast, midnight snack or anytime!