It's what "I want for my birthday dinner."
How to Make Chile Rellenos
- Char the chiles on both sides. You can do this over a gas flame or under the broiler. Once blackened, put them in a plastic bag for 10 minutes to sweat out any moisture. Remove from the bag, slit them down the middle and remove the seeds and pile off the charred skin..
If you are short on time, just use whole canned chiles, slit them down the middle, remove the seeds and gently rinse them.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Add the egg whites to a large bowl. Reserve the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites with an electric beater until they peak. Do the same thing with the yolks. Then gently fold together until they are incorporated.
- Next stuff the Chiles with the cheese (you can also add shrimp) fold shut and dredge in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture coating both sides.
- Next fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the oil to a serving platter and salt to taste.
- You can serve these plain or with your favorite salsa. Enjoy