Carne con chile verde
For the tortilla's I use Masa Trigo. It is available at most grocery stores in the baking section, near the flour, or in the mexican food section. Just follow the easy directions on the back of the bag.
- 10 new mexico green chili's
- 2 cups diced tomato
- or approx 2 lbs steak cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cans or 1 carton of beef broth
- 3 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt or to taste
How to Make Carne con chile verde
- 1Brown the meat in a little cooking oil, add beef broth on
high until it comes to a boil then turn it down to a low simmer cover. Let simmer for an hour to an hour and a half. Until meat is nice and tender.
- 2While meat is cooking: squeeze using your hands green chile and tomato together, add 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, and salt to taste.
- 3Add green chile mixture to meat, let simmer on low another half hour. This recipe takes awhile, but is totally worth it. Trust me!!!!! Serve with tortillas.