Cantina Beef and Lime Tacos
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Who is ready for a fiesta?! This a fantastic go-to recipe for adding a little spice to your every day. The Test Kitchen
- 3-5 lb
- lean roast, any type but I use chuck the most
- medium onions
- 1 bunch
- fresh cilantro
- 2 clove
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- Worchestersire sauce
- 6 oz
- beer, bock or light beer works best (optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- dried cilantro
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 2 can(s)
- mild green chilies
- 1 pkg
- corn or flour tortillas, corn works best
- 5 oz
- Mexican queso fresco, or colby jack, shredded
- 2 tsp
- salt to taste
How to Make Cantina Beef and Lime Tacos
- 1Rinse off your roast and place in the crock pot whole. You can sear it in frying pan if you want but it is not necessary.
- 2Add one onion (finely chopped), the beer, dried cilantro, cumin, chili powder, one can of the green chilies, the Worcestershire sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, and the juice of one lime.
- 3Put crock on low or high depending on how much time you have; it's done when it is fork-tender to shred easily.
- 4When meat is ready, grate your cheese, slice up your second lime into 6 wedges, slice up your avocado, chop your cilantro, finely chop your second onion and open the second can of green chilies. (You can also use green taco sauce in place of the second can of green chilies.)
- 5Warm up your tortillas in the microwave, then take two corn or one flour tortilla and using tongs place a bit of the meat inside each taco shell, layer the cheese, cilantro, green chilies, onion and an avocado. Top with the juice of a lime wedge. You can also add sour cream if you want but they are good without it. Enjoy!!!