10 largeartichokes(or 5 (five) jars artichoke hearts in water)
2 pkg10 corn tortillas
8 ozsour cream
8 ozcheddar cheese
8 ozmonterey jack cheese
3 smallserrano peppers (optional)
1 Tbspsalt and pepper
2 can(s)rotel (pick mild, reg. or hot)
2 tspvegatable oil
How to Make Artichoke Enchilada Casarole
- Cut off stem and tips of artichikes. Boil artichokes in water until soft. Take out and let cool. Peel chokes and scrape inside of leaves, get to heart. Make sure you cut off all sharp tips. Save all edible parts.
(it is easier to just get jars of artichokes)
- Open and drain cans of Rotel. Save liquid.
Dice onion very small pieces
- Mix onion, artichoke, sour cream and Rotel toghether.
Set aside. Mix cheddar and monterry jack together. Set aside in another bowl.
- Put oil and Rotel juice into a bowl.
Cut corn tortillas into 4's(quarters)
Dredge quarters in oil/Rotel juice.
- Put 2 oz. oil/Rotel into 8x5 or 9x13 pan.
Line bottom of pan with torillas. Cover with 1/3 choke miture.Sprinkle with cheese
- Repeat above steps times 2 (x2).
Put pan into oven at 350 for 20 mins.
Serve and enjoy.