6chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2-3 cpepper jack cheese
4-6 cmonterey jack cheese
2-3 can(s)roseretta green enchilada sauce
2 can(s)green chilies
1 largecontainer of sour cream
1 pkgcorn tortillas
How to Make Amazing Easy Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Boil chicken; until cooked. Sit aside and let cool.
- Shred chicken with forks and place in a big mixing bowl.
- Grate each cheese and mix with chicken. All pepper jack cheese needs to be in the mixture. (Also if you don't want the spice of the pepper jack; you can make with all monterey cheese.)
- Drain and add chilies to mixture.
- Then add sour cream until all mixture is coated and sticks together.
- Then in a large Pyrex dish; coat bottom with green sauce until coated (sauce on the bottom prevents tortillas from burning).
- Set mixture a side. Then in a bowl pour a can of enchilada sauce in. Then start to one by one dip a corn tortilla in; until both sides of tortilla is covered in sauce. (If you are in a time crunch you don't have to roll the tortillas.. you can just lay them; as if you were making a lasagna). So you want to fill each tortilla with a bit of the mixture and some shredded cheese, roll them and place them touching in one layer. (If you are layering instead you are going to want to lay down the sauce coated tortillas down on the bottom and then put the mixture and cheese on top.) After you put down the first layer, you need to pour a little bit of enchilada sauce over the first layer. You will continue to do this until you have competed 2 layers.
- You will then pour a small amount of sauce over the last layer, and then coat the top with shredded monterey jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.